Hope you like Disasterpiece
over 1 year ago
– Sun, Oct 06, 2019 at 02:14:22 AM
I hope you're all enjoying the playtest, if you have any feedback feel free to post it up in the Discord. I've been revamping the Kickstarter page and adding new assets,
In addition, I've done another pass-through of the project estimates and was able to increase the page-counts of the Core (156 pgs) and Setting book (164 pgs) respectively (while still maintaining a healthy art distribution).
But for the big news,
I hope you like Disasterpiece!
I recently have been chatting with Disasterpiece, and I am happy to announce that we're going to put together and release a Fragments EP. We're still nailing down the final scope of it, but it will include a few unreleased tracks from the HLD development as well as a number of short snippets and ditties.
We will be repurposing each track to fit within the setting and we're eager to see how you will use them as well!
This reward will be added to all pledge tiers!
Thank you soo much for the support and we'll see you in the discord!
Preparing a Big Update
over 1 year ago
– Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 01:41:44 AM
We're getting super close to the finish-line! and we're super excited to be looking at the oncoming stretch goals that we have planned for this project. Above is the completed party piece by Eka.
I'm currently preparing the first major patch to the Playtest and will hopefully be posting them by this weekend.
If you have any additional feedback for us to consider, feel free to hop on to the Discord and let us know! (Join the Discord Here)
We'll post the change list inside the document, we'll also make a patch section of the Codex.
Current changes include, but not limited to:
- Renaming the three thresholds to Fortune (full success), Temperance (success at consequence), Judgement (full consequence).
- Rework species benefits
- renaming Automata to Sentients
- add racoonfolk
- add 2 talents to Delver (others have 6)
- Re-balancing damage output by class
- Reworked various move action energy costs.
- "apply stimpack" now renamed to "Use Restorative" also reduced cost to 0 energy.
- Fixed armor entries all showing 1
- Reinforce that narrators don't roll
- implemented ingredients and components
- expanded skills and skill use
- remove uses of artifact terms (eg intellect) and replaced with consistent terms
- Improved wording across various entries to clarify language
- UI/UX improvements
- added narrator/player cheat/reference sheets
- added bestiary
Thanks for the feedback everyone and we look forward to the next update.
over 1 year ago
– Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 03:22:49 PM
We've just passed an amazing 500 backers and 80% funding, and now we have entered the final 10k stretch!! I can't thank you all enough, to help enable the amazing world we're building. Above is a WIP piece of a party of drifters playing Drifter :) In this process, the artist (Eka) cleans up the piece and colors it, then proceeds to pixelate it to the art resolution we use, tweaking as necessary.
We've got a discord where all the chatter is, feel free to join in on the conversations (Join the Discord)
Also, since we're closing in on funding, it's time to start looking at stretch goals,
- 50k - Funding goal
- 60k - Short adventure, made available for free for everyone on the codex
- 70k - Drifter Character Generator (we're not making an app, we're partnering with the Reroll App and will be adding Drifter character generator artwork)
- 80k - All backer books will now have an exclusive white gloss cover (backers can opt-out if they so choose)
- 90k - Interior art expansion, we want to make a lot of art for Drifter, and this is a great goal to ensure that we can continue to expand all the art everyone gets.
- 100k - All backers who receive both books, will automatically have their books packaged in the slipcase.
And finally we wouldn't have gotten here without your support and I can't thank you all enough.
Stay Awesome Everyone, and if you have any questions feel free to ask in the discord!
over 1 year ago
– Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 04:23:00 PM
It is time for celebration! The basic rules are all up on the our website (https://hld-rpg.com/basic-rules/). Feel free to give them a browse, and let us know what you think or have any questions (the discord is a great place for that).
I've been hard at work on the PDF, getting formatting, styles and organization down. You can get a sneak peek here (it only goes to the Wielder, then Indesign crashed on me), but I'll have more of the PDF to update soon, to which I will share more publicly.
Thanks for being awesome everyone and I hope you enjoy the basic rules!
PDF playtest is out!
almost 2 years ago
– Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 06:11:07 AM
The PDF of the playtest rules are up! You can download them on the HLD website, on DTRPG or on the MWG website, depending on where you prefer to get your PDFs.
Thank you all for your patience, I still have tiny edits i need to commit to the Codex, and I can't wait to hear your feedback and continue to build out the PDF!
Stay awesome everyone!